Skip to content
§ 26. Ethical rules
- As a fire investigator, I consider myself as part of a
significant and respected profession.
- In all respects, I wish to behave in such a manner
that means I earn and receive the confidence of the public.
- I will not use my profession or my work to achieve
- I will assess my colleagues in the same way as I assess
- I will never betray their confidence nor endanger
- I consider it my duty to study my profession and to
take every opportunity for further education and further development.
- I will avoid collaborating with those who do not have
the objective of conducting an impartial investigation.
- I will not claim to master professional skills I do
- I will share all information with my co-investigators.
- I will always be aware that I am looking for facts and
not trying to create a case.
- It is more important to protect the innocent than to convict the guilty.